Did you know that today is International Kangaroo Care Awareness Day? Practicing Kangaroo Care in the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier can be an amazing experience for both parent and baby!
Kangaroo Care is the practice of holding or wearing a newborn skin-to-skin.
Benefits to baby:
- helps regulate baby’s body temperature
- more rapid brain development
- close hold enhances successful breastfeeding
- decreased crying
- earlier parent-child bonding
- warmth mimics calming environment of the womb
To practice kangaroo care in the Baby K’tan simply remove your shirt and your
infant’s shirt, and place your newborn skin-to-skin in the kangaroo position